Blogs

Our community blogs

1. Sherri
    Latest Entry

Seascape_TN.png.3a8989855ce3822623a6f7f1

After 2 weeks of working a few hours here and a few hours there, late at night during my off-time (so to speak), I have finally managed to complete the "Seascape" skin for IPB 3.4.6.
    I am very pleased with the design of this skin. It's been a long time since I've taken my time to really allow myself to get completely lost in my work and go above and beyond with my creativity. I think the last time I was able to do this was with the Halloween skin a few years ago. It's been rush, rush, rush with everything for so long now with all the IPS software upgrades and custom design work that I've somehow lost touch with my creative side over the past couple years. I'm so relieved to know I've still got it in me. I was beginning to worry. This skin reflects so much of my life and my everyday feelings and how I see the world. I hope all of our customers and members are able to enjoy and fully appreciate this new design and all of its mesmerizing elements it has to offer.

2. From: http://community.thehost4u.co.uk/topic/5338-having-team-icons-for-particular-theme/

Currently with IPB 4 if you use the Team Icons feature in admincp it will be applied to ALL themes which may look ok in some themes but not others.

If anyone is interested the following will allow using different team icons per theme.

To use Team Icons in IPB 4:

Create your Team Icons making note of filenames (e.g. team_admin.png, team_mod.png)

Upload your team icon images via the Manage Resources ('drop down arrow' far right of theme name)

Now we need to make changes to css and templates:

=========
    TEMPLATE:
    =========

AdminCP >> Customization >> Themes >> Far right of theme name 'Edit HTML/CSS'

Templates Tab

Scroll down to Forums >> Topics >> Post Container

Now, find where you want to place your Team Icon image and add following code:

<!-- RANK IMAGE -->

<li class='{expression="\IPS\Member\Group::load( $comment->author()->member_group_id )" raw="true"}'></li>   

<!-- END RANK IMAGE -->

Save

====
    CSS
    ====

In custom.css add:

/*** THE FOLLOWING IS TO REMOVE THE GROUP TEXT SHOWN IN cAuthorPane PANEL ***/

.cAuthorPane_info span {
      display: none;
    }

/*** FOLLOWING WILL PLACE THE GROUP ICON IMAGE YOU UPLOADED TO MANAGE RESOURCES ***/

/*** MAKE SURE YOU USE YOUR OWN FILENAME, APP AND LOCATION ***/

.Administrators {
    background: url({resource="team_admin.png" app="core" location="custom"}) no-repeat;
      display: block;
      height: 48px; /** HEIGHT OF YOUR IMAGE **/
    }

Repeat above for all Groups

NOTE: the classes used MUST be EXACTLY same as the Group Names in your AdminCP (note the A instead of a)

Once done, save

The above will only add the team icons to THAT THEME for other Themes you will have to do same as above for each Theme.

entry
      comments
      views

Recent Entries

As I get and do more I will update this.

Skin Edits for ibskins for DP34 Forum Icons mod

Prereqs:

you must have the mod installed, these instructions do not cover that.

you must have the skins referenced here installed.

these instructions do not allow you to gain new skins or mods, they are only to make the mod work with these skins.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

How to install

in ACP goto Look & Feel > Manage Skin Sets & Templates and click the skin to be edited.

Then under templates click Board index then boardindex Template.

hightlight and delete everything there.

copy and paste everything from this files board index template edited.txt and then click save.

then scroll down and click Forum View then forumindex Template.

highlight and delete everything there.

copy and paste everything from this files forum index template edited.txt and then click save.

then recache all skins. if running APC or Xcache you may need to clear stored opcode caches.

if you make an error I have included the original template files from the skins in the zips.

Skins that are done are in RED, skins I have but still need to do in Blue. as I buy more I will do more.

Vitality 3.4.5

Xeriteq 3.4.5

Earthbound 3.4.5

Steel Glass 3.4.5

Blue Pro 3.4.5

Red Pro 3.4.5

Cambridge 3.4.5

ok this is all I have bought, I will try to get more and mod/add them

entries
      comments
      views

No blog entries yet