Breadfan

Skins for IPB 3.2.0

15 posts in this topic

Howdy!

My question is, will the skins be updated to be compatible with IPB 3.2.0 (once it's released)?

Thanks.

Howdy!

My question is, will the skins be updated to be compatible with IPB 3.2.0 (once it's released)?

Thanks.

I'm hoping so as well. I bought freedomtech and will for sure need it to be upgraded to 3.2 since it's my primary skin for my forum..

I wouldn't like to say. Many of the skins took a long to get upgraded for compatibility with the last round of Gallery, Blog updates etc. Unfortunately IBSkin is very under resourced and relies on the time and availability of one skin designer which brings about these sorts of issues.

I'm sure many of the skins will be compatible at some time in the future. The problem is that you have to wait until they are before upgrading, so there is a trade-off.

Edited by The Old Man

Will the upgrade be free for skins bought here.

We have bought many skins for 2.3.x version and all got lost after upgrade to 3.0.x

Now i see steelglass skin witch is a copy of the Edge skin we bought for ipb 2.3.x

so i hope that skins bought for ipb 3.0.x will be upgraded for free for ipb 3.2.0

I doubt they will be "free" but that's just my opinion.

So everytime IPB comes out with other new verions there will be a upgrade fee. I also bought skins by other skinner and they upgrade skin for free to latest version..........thats what i called service

Well just wait and see what sherri's opinion is

So everytime IPB comes out with other new verions there will be a upgrade fee. I also bought skins by other skinner and they upgrade skin for free to latest version..........thats what i called service

I'm pretty sure Sherri said a while back that upgrading will not be free due to the complexity of the upgrade from 3.1 to 3.2. Virtually all the code has changed. So, the chances of getting a free upgrade are slim. However, I don't see where anyone could complain about paying Sherri for her time for the quality of work you get in her product. I wish she could clone herself so things could get sped up at times but it is what it is.....

I'm pretty sure Sherri said a while back that upgrading will not be free due to the complexity of the upgrade from 3.1 to 3.2. Virtually all the code has changed. So, the chances of getting a free upgrade are slim. However, I don't see where anyone could complain about paying Sherri for her time for the quality of work you get in her product. I wish she could clone herself so things could get sped up at times but it is what it is.....

I don't have problems paying for upgrading the skin, but with this speed IPB brings out new versions. The upgrade frome 2.x.x to 3.x.x yes that was major..........and we bought all our skins again. But now from 3.1 to 3.2 within a year. And what if IPB comes again with 3.3.x because that day will come sooner then we think.

I don't have problems paying for upgrading the skin, but with this speed IPB brings out new versions. The upgrade frome 2.x.x to 3.x.x yes that was major..........and we bought all our skins again. But now from 3.1 to 3.2 within a year. And what if IPB comes again with 3.3.x because that day will come sooner then we think.

That's not Sherri's problem. Not trying to be mean but she can't control when IPB comes out with a new version. All she can do is update when they do. Most of the time when a board version is 3.1.x for example their isn't a major change in the code. But when they jump up to the next number in the second digit there are usually tons of changes. This is a business for her and businesses are to make money. Her time is money. I just wish things moved a little quicker...

Will the upgrade be free for skins bought here.

We have bought many skins for 2.3.x version and all got lost after upgrade to 3.0.x

Now i see steelglass skin witch is a copy of the Edge skin we bought for ipb 2.3.x

so i hope that skins bought for ipb 3.0.x will be upgraded for free for ipb 3.2.0

There was an upgrade fee for SteelGlass and the Red skin

I dont have problem to pay again for a skin unless its released on time!!

I love the autumn themes and all the christmas ones!!!!!

pls make babydust skin available for 3.2.2!! (and all the others ofcourse!)

I have to pay again for the autumn skin now that is upgraded for 3.2.2??

If you purchased it for 3.1 then the price should be reduced to the upgrade price.

3.2.X upgrades are usually free

3.X.X upgrades have a fee.

thank u!!