Woffie

Thanks for the help

As of Saturday I retired from running forums. I have been doing it since 2004. IMHO, forums are dead. Yes, there are forums that are active, but for the most part Facebook has killed forums. I will miss it, but I am looking forward to not having to be tied down by it. Anyway, thanks Sherri for providing these great themes over the years.

• Sad 4

A belated shame to see you go, you're right, social media has definitely taken its toll.

I think Forums still have their niche roles in the right places, though. Hoping all the Facebook controversy will be a positive boon for forum communities and honourable admins, as more people come to understand social media and it's infrastructure was never free, and so they unwittingly made a deal with the devil and probably sold their digital souls in the process.

Forums IMHO, are great for more in-depth topics of conversation that are good when it comes to easier to find and access long term information, whereas social media is more suited for keeping up with one's mates and for quick, disposable messages that don't really matter and sadly in many cases, to accommodate foul mouthed rants from people without the facts and a haven for trolls. Possibly this is the reason you hardly ever, if never, see Google results for social media and mostly results come from forums, blogs and websites.

• Like 2

Yep, I setup a free forum. Unfortunately cannot use custom themes like we have here.

• Like 1