Countdown To Christmas!

bearback

Cambridge editor issue?

Sorry just found another issue, when people are posting its missing some of there content.

The issue appears to be IE 11 when using the editor to post a message, when you type a message it gets to about three quarters of the way across the editor and the type disappears instead of starting a new line.

if members then post the content the text from the right hand side wont appear in there post, tried to explain the best I could.

IE 11

message.thumb.jpg.8537d2030b3786895687a6cbcf95f836.jpg

EDGE Browser

1611620086_message2.thumb.jpg.d85eab264464e79ab45966c9f0bba6ff.jpg

On 7/1/2018 at 11:54 AM, bearback said:

Sorry just found another issue, when people are posting its missing some of there content.

The issue appears to be IE 11 when using the editor to post a message, when you type a message it gets to about three quarters of the way across the editor and the type disappears instead of starting a new line.

if members then post the content the text from the right hand side wont appear in there post, tried to explain the best I could.

IE 11

message.thumb.jpg.8537d2030b3786895687a6cbcf95f836.jpg

EDGE Browser

1611620086_message2.thumb.jpg.d85eab264464e79ab45966c9f0bba6ff.jpg

At moment I am unable do any updates till maybe Wednesday.

No problem Pete, thanks for a reply.

not sure what we would do if you weren't around :)

2 minutes ago, bearback said:

No problem Pete, thanks for a reply.

not sure what we would do if you weren't around :)

I sure would find he he 

3 hours ago, bearback said:

Any further with a fix for this issue, thanks

i looking the issue today :) 

if check now the editor should look better over on Cambridge.

Posted (edited)

thanks Pete

think it looks ok now, is it an easy edit that I can sort my self on my own theme?

Edited by bearback

add this to custom.css

.cke_wysiwyg_div {
    padding: 6px !important; 
}

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmma

Hi

thought my issues were fixed but returned to my forum today and checking ibtheme.com both issues with text being cut off in posts and editor have returned.

what I don't understand is when viewing this forum and my own when the fix was applied they appeared to view fine, yet today my own forum and ibtheme the issues are back again.

I also got a couple off members to view through there own pc using ie11 with the same results.

IE with text cut off/ missing

ie.thumb.jpg.f130717608aefab58cda63376025e3c7.jpg

editor test in ie

ie2.thumb.jpg.aa97778de7e86e0e4e94dc3624ef3072.jpg

same view using edge browser, text appears fine

edge2.thumb.jpg.5e86eac32153deb358c0eff5812875aa.jpg

editor in edge fine

edge.thumb.jpg.950d4316878aa0768c2916215f96702e.jpg

This why hate IE it's the worst browser to come out.

fully agree with you there, wish people would not use it and use an alternative browser.

never really understood why this theme has had so many problems with IE, even in the early days when I was using it with IPB 3.4 there was issues.  never mind :)   

16 hours ago, bearback said:

fully agree with you there, wish people would not use it and use an alternative browser.

never really understood why this theme has had so many problems with IE, even in the early days when I was using it with IPB 3.4 there was issues.  never mind :)   

The reason people use IE because hate change but chrome,Firefox and there another one can't remember name Very powerful browsers.

I actually use both edge and IE but IE does not work on some websites now anyway as its to old.

one of my members was moaning it did not work on IE8 !!!! :D  I told him to upgrade or use a different browser. not going to help with something that outdated.