bearback

Cambridge 4.3.6 issues

For some reason I cannot post to the old topic, comes up with reply error? so created a new topic.

Sorry to say I have just realised after updating to 4.3.6  the issue  is back again with text is being cut off on the right had side when using IE11.

also the editor issue is back again :(

when you fix the issue could you give me the edits so I can update my current forum, rather than update with a new fixed theme :D

Appreciated as always, thank you

Edited by bearback

ok how odd could not reply to old topic mm we had odd issue here with me and Sherri unable send links or upload items but replying to topic is new one, as for the cut off issue i need revisit that see what i can provide to fix the problem for IE customers.

I even went over from IE11 to edge and it still would not post the reply, also tried logging out and back in. Think I remember it happening once before but did sort its self out. so I would not worry to much on that one.

Thought it was odd how the text cut off and editor issue is back as it was working ok in the last version after you fixed it.

Hi Again

just getting back to this issue of the text being cut off to the right hand side using IE 11, its the same on this forum as it is my own.

Not sure why this keeps happening as I thought it was fixed in the last version

cutoff.thumb.jpg.01beb9e4d2a676a35d9a6b7abbef201f.jpg

my forums the same

cut.thumb.jpg.c0f1ade8595f913cee4e8c4f42e29110.jpg

Edited by bearback

was looking through the themes for a replacement and geode, pumkinpatch, united we stand, all have the same issue with text being cut off and the editor issue.

What I have noticed, if you go to a theme that does NOT have this issue when the page loads the text in the message box expands from where its being cut off to fill the

message box fully so there is no cut off.   If you refresh the page you will see what I am trying to explain.

With the theme that has this issue the text does not expand past where its being cut off.

Not sure if that makes any sense :D

5 hours ago, bearback said:

was looking through the themes for a replacement and geode, pumkinpatch, united we stand, all have the same issue with text being cut off and the editor issue.

What I have noticed, if you go to a theme that does NOT have this issue when the page loads the text in the message box expands from where its being cut off to fill the

message box fully so there is no cut off.   If you refresh the page you will see what I am trying to explain.

With the theme that has this issue the text does not expand past where its being cut off.

Not sure if that makes any sense :D

I am still unable solve this as when viewing in IE11 its not cutting off for me its displaying very much same as Edge but Chrome displays it loads better but can't understand Geode and Pumkinpatch have same framework as Business one, two and the new themes as this one framework becoming main one to be used.

I am a bit puzzled my self and even tried a new install of the theme and also same on my demo and here on ibtheme, might well give up on this theme

what screen size are you using? mine is 27 and if I manually reduce the browser width the text corrects its self

I have tried a few of the issues my users have reported and can see the effect

viewing the comment with cut off text and if you refresh the browser it corrects its self. does not always work but 98% time it does, see screen captures

before with cut off

new.thumb.jpg.27423bae37584f697099451767c7dc4e.jpg

after browser refresh

new2.thumb.jpg.5449def3fced338ccec474f992b200cc.jpg

16 minutes ago, bearback said:

I am a bit puzzled my self and even tried a new install of the theme and also same on my demo and here on ibtheme, might well give up on this theme

what screen size are you using? mine is 27 and if I manually reduce the browser width the text corrects its self

I have tried a few of the issues my users have reported and can see the effect

viewing the comment with cut off text and if you refresh the browser it corrects its self. does not always work but 98% time it does, see screen captures

before with cut off

new.thumb.jpg.27423bae37584f697099451767c7dc4e.jpg

after browser refresh

new2.thumb.jpg.5449def3fced338ccec474f992b200cc.jpg

When looked earlier using my 32 inch desktop as can see better details that now back on my 20inch laptop and still don't have issue, and problem is don't even remember the CSS class used digg out see if send you a patch that may work, but when visiting here is issue on the new theme ? 

16 hours ago, Pete T said:

but when visiting here is issue on the new theme ? 

do you mean on Cambridge or the latest theme added here?

1 minute ago, bearback said:

do you mean on Cambridge or the latest theme added here?

latest theme