Sherri

Update on Sherri & IBTheme

Hey guys,

Thank you for being so patient while I got us moved over to our new server. It's been many years since I've had to do that alone. Over the past couple of years I have gone through a lot of life changes, to include a divorce after 23 years together, losing my main admin helper, Wotsit, due to his personal schedule changing and now Pete has had to step away for a time due to his personal schedule, so now it's just me. I'm starting to get used to this alone thing. I think it suits me, to be honest. But, I'm hoping to find some help keeping IBTheme going during the hours I can't be here because of classes. I hate not having a work partner. I've always had someone helping me ever since I first started IBSkin back in 2003. The problem is, finding someone I can trust.

First, let me say... IBTheme will NOT be closing. EVER! I have worked 16 years since 2003 to keep this site alive and kicking and I'm not about to let it go after all that hard work and dedication. I've just had to try to adjust with all these recent changes in my life.

So here's where things stand...

We are on a new server, I'm running the site alone now, and I'm also a full-time college student. After my divorce, I had no choice but to go back to school for a higher education in web development to further my career because I have no official degree to obtain good employment to support myself now that I'm alone. Everything I have ever known about web development until now has been self-taught. I want ...no, I NEED to be more than just a designer. I need to know the programming side of things so I can make my themes even more desirable as well as making myself more desirable to employers. Working from home is great, but it doesn't make enough to support myself on my own right now and I have to think about my future, especially if I intend to stay single. I'm currently in school Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays. I have no classes on Wednesdays and the weekends, BUT... I do have homework. I'm taking classes on campus, not online, so my time is not my own right now. I have final exams from April 27th through May 4th, and then I'll be off for the summer to handle IBTheme full time. I've adjusted my schedule for classes for the fall so that I'm only having to be in class 2 days a week instead of 4 like I'm doing now. That way, I'll have more time to commit to IBTheme on a regular basis.

If you are waiting on any custom work to be done, I have NOT forgotten about you. I promise. Please bear with me until I get through this month and final exams and I'm done with this semester, then I'll be here full time to stay on top of things with a more reliable schedule that works for all of us as of about May 5th. Right now, because I no longer have any help with upgrades and theme designs or anything else, I have no choice but to start getting these theme upgrades done ASAP and get them rolling out, before I have customers screaming at me and getting upset that they can't use their themes.

I want things back to normal here on the site like it use to be. I was releasing themes on a regular basis, we had a certain layout that was comfortable to all of us and I was present waaaay more than I have been lately. I intend to get it back that way. I just need more hours in the day and perhaps a clone or two. But once I'm done with finals and this semester in college, we will see a lot more of me, a lot more theme releases, a lot more timely updates and a lot better customer support. It is my intention to have IBTheme up to par and running efficiently before fall classes begin so I'm more organized and able to easily push out updates and new themes.

I also need to find a way to get IBTheme more noticed and popular like we use to be, but things have changed and we can no longer advertise on IPS or post sales and new releases in the general customer forums for all to see, so it makes things a lot harder. I'm open to suggestions if anyone has any.

Anway... I've rambled on long enough. I have classes tomorrow and Friday but I'll be here on the site in the evenings trying to finish up this transfer and working on a few theme upgrades and then I'll be here for a half day Saturday and all day on Sunday. There is just so much that has to be done.

Oh, by the way... Mondays are my longest days on campus. I have several classes that day and by the time I get home, I'm so exhausted I usually skip dinner and go straight to watching Netflix until I fall asleep, so I usually won't be here on Mondays, at least up until May 5th when classes are over for this semester.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Last week when wanting to log in @IBTheme and seeing an error I thought "Gosh, will we have no more nice designed themes from Sherri ?"

Now I'm glad to see you back, but I hope that with your (probably) busy schedule, you will find the time to update some of your themes.

Fist thing You need to do is fix your SSL certificate on this site, my browsers show an unsecure error before you even get to ibtheme.
some people wont go any further when they see the warning.

Can you give me an idea when the updates to the themes will be completed, my only interest is Cambridge but I want to get my forum updated.
If I have some sort of time frame I don't have to keep coming on here each day looking.
Thanks

• Thanks 1

On 4/16/2019 at 11:01 AM, bearback said:

1. my browsers show an unsecure error before you even get to ibtheme.
2. If I have some sort of time frame I don't have to keep coming on here each day looking.

1 and 2 = Same here.

Edited by Eric BXL