Invision Community
Sherri

Update - I am here...

I am still here. My semester is over in just a few days. I take my last final exam on May 5th. (Tuesday) and I'm taking the summer off. 

We've been having issues with the forum install throwing errors with a 500 code and Pete has worked endlessly to try to fix it because I can't afford to renew my license right now to get support. Everyone is going through tough times right now due to Covid-19, but just days before this happened, I moved to Tampa. I just got my computer set back up a few days ago, only to find that the site had crashed and everything had gone sideways. Needless to say, the quarantine has made everything more difficult. I'll be working to upgrade the themes as soon as I'm done with my final exams. Right now, I'm racing against the clock to play catch up on 3 weeks worth of overdue class assignments from getting backed up when I moved.

Obviously, being in school full time on campus has made my presence here on the site very limited. I decided a few weeks ago that this will be my last semester full time on campus. I'm reducing to only taking 4 classes per semester and I'll be doing online classes from home so I can better divide my time with working here on the site.

For now, the downloads are not working, but it only needs for me to upload the back-up of the "uploads" folder to the server, which I'll be doing this evening, so hopefully everything will be restored from there.

I'll keep you all updated over the next couple of days. Say a prayer for me that I can get this school work caught up over the next couple of days so I don't fail the semester, then I'll be here much more. I'm definitely taking the summer off, and then in the fall, I'll begin online classes.

Sherri

Let us know how we can help, I can throw a couple bucks towards the license renewal to help give you and Pete a break.  Hope you get your school work completed, this must have been a tough semester with all that is going on.

On 4/30/2020 at 11:38 PM, Sherri said:

I'll keep you all updated over the next couple of days. Say a prayer for me that I can get this school work caught up over the next couple of days so I don't fail the semester, then I'll be here much more. I'm definitely taking the summer off, and then in the fall, I'll begin online classes.

Sherri

Hi Sherri,
is it over for ibtheme?
You are write that you updated couple of days but where now 3 weeks further.
No updates more for IPS 4.4.10?

Grt. Gerard

Posted (edited)
On 4/30/2020 at 10:38 PM, Sherri said:

For now, the downloads are not working, but it only needs for me to upload the back-up of the "uploads" folder to the server, which I'll be doing this evening, so hopefully everything will be restored from there.

Have you done this Sherri as none of the images are showing. 

Edited by Mystique

Sherri, I love your graphical designs and the themes so I truly do hope IBTheme makes a return.  I would make the following recommendations for you to get this under control first.

• First, drop all third party plugin support, if it works it works, but that is about it.  Don't put them on this site directly as it makes more work for you to update and keep themes working.
  • Second, pick your favorite themes and focus on this, maybe up to 5 and push those for a bit and get yourself back into a system of keeping them up to date.  Once you get them running fine with updates, add in number 6, then 7, etc.
  • Third, drop all the holiday themes for now, perhaps make holiday banners for the themes you choose to keep going with and such.  These have been a burden on you since day one and they have too many time restrictions to keep customers happy.

If you have to, even go ahead and turn IBTheme into just a showcase and support platform and run all your sales off the official store.  I understand that isn't great, but baby steps are needed at this time and most of us will be happy to see you back up and designing in some limited format instead of you trying to give us the world and being stuck in place.

None the less, that is just my two cents and you stay healthy and happy out there in this time of disaster.

Posted (edited)

'll keep you all updated over the next couple of days.

Same old story Sherri, I am sorry to say.

I don't think I will renew my theme support as I get to frustrated with all the excuses. I would sooner go with someone more reliable or pay to have my theme updated when needed.

This is not aimed at Pete who has been outstanding over the years with his support, Thank you again Pete.

Edited by bearback

On 6/6/2020 at 8:13 PM, bearback said:

Same old story Sherri, I am sorry to say.

I don't think I will renew my theme support as I get to frustrated with all the excuses. I would sooner go with someone more reliable or pay to have my theme updated when needed.

This is not aimed at Pete who has been outstanding over the years with his support, Thank you again Pete.

I think that IBTheme is over Bearback.
It's a shame because many members become a theme or premium.

Zcfb1Cx2.jpg

But when i look to the profile of Sherri:
1QKAG0Z2.jpg

So this is the reason why i think IBthemes not returns.

On 6/14/2020 at 9:21 AM, Discovery said:

I think that IBTheme is over Bearback.
It's a shame because many members become a theme or premium.

Zcfb1Cx2.jpg

But when i look to the profile of Sherri:
1QKAG0Z2.jpg

So this is the reason why i think IBthemes not returns.

Yes got to agree and with the fact the forums still not showing correctly (images missing) 

Could be in privacy mode though, that would only show last time visited when not in privacy mode, if your reading this Sherri, let us know what's going on. Thank you