Ryan

Xeriteq theme and Why is the site on lockdown? No new users?

I was shocked that I had to login to access the site. Normally these websites are open to the public to attract new customers, since I wanted to show my friends some of your other themes since we are finally upgrading from our ancient and beloved 3.4.x and our theme we purchased here a long time ago and one that is no longer offered though it is a damn shame because it is awesome. Not that all of your other themes aren't awesome as well, why do you think I keep coming here to check the place out every 4-5 months (sometimes less) to see what you got going on? Its just that we fell in love with this one theme and it was specific to our forum's sci-fi RPG needs. Not too dark, either, which was a must. The theme is called Xeriteq 3.4.6 by Evanescence (see screenshot of my site, which is about to be upgraded and is offline, and will soon no longer support this great theme we have loved for more years than I can count). Sadly version 4 doesn't support the theme, and no no version of it is being made, so we held off the upgrade for several years, until our web browsers are starting to not support the old forum version. I know she isn't doing stuff any more and that Sherry took over and I had hoped Sherry would have taken over keeping this one going. Sherry's work is just as good. 

Anyway, I'll get off my crybaby box for a minute. Why the heck is the site locked down to registered users only? And any idea when the files will be back? I just now decided to upgrade our website, and then find out files gone, I picked a bad time. My staff and community won't like this :/ 

25 minutes ago, Ryan said:

I was shocked that I had to login to access the site. Normally these websites are open to the public to attract new customers, since I wanted to show my friends some of your other themes since we are finally upgrading from our ancient and beloved 3.4.x and our theme we purchased here a long time ago and one that is no longer offered though it is a damn shame because it is awesome. Not that all of your other themes aren't awesome as well, why do you think I keep coming here to check the place out every 4-5 months (sometimes less) to see what you got going on? Its just that we fell in love with this one theme and it was specific to our forum's sci-fi RPG needs. Not too dark, either, which was a must. The theme is called Xeriteq 3.4.6 by Evanescence (see screenshot of my site, which is about to be upgraded and is offline, and will soon no longer support this great theme we have loved for more years than I can count). Sadly version 4 doesn't support the theme, and no no version of it is being made, so we held off the upgrade for several years, until our web browsers are starting to not support the old forum version. I know she isn't doing stuff any more and that Sherry took over and I had hoped Sherry would have taken over keeping this one going. Sherry's work is just as good. 

Anyway, I'll get off my crybaby box for a minute. Why the heck is the site locked down to registered users only? And any idea when the files will be back? I just now decided to upgrade our website, and then find out files gone, I picked a bad time. My staff and community won't like this :/ 

Hi Ryan,

First little unsure what mean site locked to new users ? as guest i can all the forum and every topic that been posted only item that been turn offline is Shop and this because was still fixing small error with MySQL that not been fixed when installed 4.2.8, but please if feel me in what locked and fix that and for your theme Xeriteq has been updated to 4.2.x but if because not showing all theme for customers and guest i do need add them but get that fixed tonight have all looking good by end the night.

So again feel free send me PM any issues with locked down issue that i am unaware of i am here everyday but Sherri has been away over month or more now so not sure if she plans returning and shortly i going need make changes to how this site work because i feel sorry for customers because she is never online and that looks bad for any customer past and new.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm sorry you were effectively abandoned and left holding the bag, Pete. It's good to see people can test the themes out again with the theme chooser menu (if they know where to look!).

If it helps, I noticed in Premium Members Downloads that it looks empty and is confusing because all the themes are hidden away inside a sub folder. They don't show unless you go a level deeper.

I've just had a $80 renewal come through and after so many years I feel really guilty not renewing, but I just can't justify it given I only use the awesome Halloween and Christmas themes, and I don't feel reassured or confident they or this site will still be active and available in the future. IBTheme is now effectively a subscription service where you pay to access the same old themes, but sadly nothing new apart from the addition last year of your themes, but they were never available to Premium members. I think I will probably just buy the Halloween and an Xmas theme if available and compatible with 4.3.x at the end of the year.

4 minutes ago, The Old Man said:

I'm sorry you were effectively abandoned and left holding the bag, Pete. It's good to see people can test the themes out again with the theme chooser menu (if they know where to look!).

If it helps, I noticed in Premium Members Downloads that it looks empty and is confusing because all the themes are hidden away inside a sub folder. They don't show unless you go a level deeper.

I've just had a $80 renewal come through and after so many years I feel really guilty not renewing, but I just can't justify it given I only use the awesome Halloween and Christmas themes, and I don't feel reassured or confident they or this site will still be active and available in the future. IBTheme is now effectively a subscription service where you pay to access the same old themes, but sadly nothing new apart from the addition last year of your themes, but they were never available to Premium members. I think I will probably just buy the Halloween and an Xmas theme if available and compatible with 4.3.x at the end of the year.

Hi, 

Ok this is my promise to every client here i don't plan on leaving any time soon i plan on upgrading every current theme to 4.3.x once in finial but also plan working on bring every custom new themes if work out how build them to 4.2.x and 4.3.x that has not been upgraded from 3.4.x if we can if not then work on new themes.

The next question need ask really is aim at customer like your self that be here long time what would like see terms themes ? i am trying re build this site to next level and need every bit feedback from customer to get it correct.

• Like 1

Appreciated Pete. 

I think that's part of the problem, there are posts here from Sherri admitting that a lot of the themes were looking outdated and too graphically heavy or too, not to sound in the wrong way but too cutesy at times. Her artwork was second to none and I've always thought IPS should have hired her to produce some much needed, in-house themes that come with long term official support and the benefit of fast compatibility updates and internal access to the IPS team.

The quality seasonal themes here have always rocked and were simply awesome, they had unique selling points provided they were out in time for the actual event, like they used to be 4+ years back, but I think people in general seem to need:

• clean, modern trend themes like Wordpress and Bootstrap styles, that are ideal for everyday businesses like coffee shops, bars, boutique stores, garages, tradesmen, landscapers, arts and craft stores etc.
  • Lithium community style appearance
  • Themes ideal for bloggers but so much Wordpress competition obviously. However with 4.3 it will be easier to have a Wordpress and IPS working together.
  • have nice and subtle colours, attractive header and or background images, or even complimentary short video backgrounds or space to swap out with their own.
  • Dark but still fast loading themes without the bloat for tech sites, gaming, sci-fi and horror themes based on current trends and entertainment but obviously without too obvious copyright infringement!
  • With the emphasis on fast loading, image optimised websites being promoted more by Google, things like higher scoring themes that rate better Pagespeed and GT Metrix scores would be attractive especially to tech and gaming site owners who want a great looking but nippy site.

13 minutes ago, The Old Man said:

Appreciated Pete. 

I think that's part of the problem, there are posts here from Sherri admitting that a lot of the themes were looking outdated and too graphically heavy or too, not to sound in the wrong way but too cutesy at times. Her artwork was second to none and I've always thought IPS should have hired her to produce some much needed, in-house themes that come with long term official support and the benefit of fast compatibility updates and internal access to the IPS team.

The quality seasonal themes here have always rocked and were simply awesome, they had unique selling points provided they were out in time for the actual event, like they used to be 4+ years back, but I think people in general seem to need:

• clean, modern trend themes like Wordpress and Bootstrap styles, that are ideal for everyday businesses like coffee shops, bars, boutique stores, garages, tradesmen, landscapers, arts and craft stores etc.
  • Lithium community style appearance
  • Themes ideal for bloggers but so much Wordpress competition obviously. However with 4.3 it will be easier to have a Wordpress and IPS working together.
  • have nice and subtle colours, attractive header and or background images, or even complimentary short video backgrounds or space to swap out with their own.
  • Dark but still fast loading themes without the bloat for tech sites, gaming, sci-fi and horror themes based on current trends and entertainment but obviously without too obvious copyright infringement!
  • With the emphasis on fast loading, image optimised websites being promoted more by Google, things like higher scoring themes that rate better Pagespeed and GT Metrix scores would be attractive especially to tech and gaming site owners who want a great looking but nippy site.

Yeah believe we have fail bring back the seasonal themes that are must needed and good selling point and sure soon as Sherri back we can make this number one goal, i build themes without graphics like the most standard designer do and load them with lots options that make your theme more custom to you vs standard theme and sell they well over IPS Community but i have not added to premium membership side due different reason but maybe once few item sorted could become standard to here.