Sherri

SHERRI & IBTHEME ARE BACK!!!

I'm sure after my numerous failed attempts to return over the past two years, many of you have lost faith and given up on things getting back to normal around here and I'm well prepared to accept the fact it will take a lot of time and hard work to earn back the trust and loyalty of all my customers. But with that being said... Thankfully, I'm finally back and my life is getting back to normal.

I won't bore you all with anymore details than you have already read from previous updates, but know this... I'm still in college but I'm doing online classes. I'm full time but I'm only doing 4 classes so I am able to balance my time between school and work. This is now my ONLY job and my ONLY source of income, so I have to give it my all. I have my own apartment now and I'm on my own, which is just the way it needs to be. I have taken my maiden name back since my divorce is final. So I'm not longer Sherri Jones. My name is Sherri Doane.

I'm working around the clock as you can start to see already, to restore all our themes starting with the latest ones first and working my way back to all our IPB 2.3 skins that have always been here, but somehow got lost in the mess of things in my absence. I'm hoping it doesn't take too long to restore everything. 

I want to say, I don't know how I would have managed to even hope to save IBTheme if it had not been for @Pete T. He is, by far, one of the most amazing people I have ever known. He did more to help me in the worst time of my life, than anyone ever has for me. Thank you Pete, for EVERYTHING. You will always be my hero and I will always treasure your kindness and compassion. He upgraded the themes, he took care of the site from the hosting to the upgrades to the maintenance. EVERYTHING!! I am so very thankful and very blessed.

But... now it's time for me to handle things on my own and get things back to what made this site so great in the beginning. This needs to be my main focus, my dedication and my passion. IBTheme (IBSkin) has been my only constant in the wake of this destruction that devastated my life and I intend to do all I can to earn back the trust and loyalty that may have been lost with many of you because of my absence. I am doing MUCH better, and I am thriving on my own since my divorce was final, which is the only way I want it. Occasionally, I'll have a photo shoot here and there, to supplement my income until IBTheme is back on top again, but that won't be enough to divide my time enough for you to notice. I will be working Monday through Thursday from early morning until late day (around 6:00pm ish). Fridays I will work until noon, but I have to commit my Friday afternoons to getting my homework done for college which is always due by Friday evening. And Saturday & Sunday will be personal time for studying, housework and self care. I'm doing it all on my own now, so I have to be responsible with my time.

First things first... I'm getting the site restored to it's original glory and then I'll see what themes still need updating, but Pete has already done a LOT of the upgrades for us. Once that is done, I'll be working on our Fall & Halloween themes and a new masterpiece to kick things off with a bang.

I just paid the $105 to renew my IPB license, and even more to get us settled on our own server, so it's time to get down to business and get things back to normal. Please allow me this opportunity to prove I'm back and here to stay and to earn your trust and loyalty once more. I had to endure more than most people would in two lifetimes, but I'm am the stronger and wiser for it. I didn't know how I was going to do it, but thanks to our guardian angel @Pete T, we are saved. I told you IBTheme wasn't going anywhere. I just needed time to recover from ending a 23 year marriage and starting my life over.

More good news and great stuff on the way. I'm not going anywhere. 🥰

XOXO

Sherri

• Like 3

Nice to have you back Madam. I tought "that's the end" of such nice Themes. I'm a lready seek of everywhere just Black Themes

Edited by Voidstar
  • Like 1

For the past couple of days, since I knew I was coming back to the site full time, I wake up and look over at my desk and this feeling of comfort and happiness comes over me. Since 2003 this site and my theme designs has remained my only constant, even with all the changes I've had to endure in starting my life over. I just have to be careful. With all the IPB upgrades, if I have too many themes to upgrade it gets overwhelming and I get behind and everyone gets annoyed and frustrated with me. I have to make sure I don't let myself get to that point if I can help it. Either that or I need to find more help in getting the upgrades done. On the plus side, I'm in college for computer programming, learning to write code for mods & plugins and applications, so in time, I'll be able to apply that to my themes for a more unique experience.

• Like 1

Well, I'm not a big user and didn't know much about your troubles, but you sure have a great talent.  I wish you well, really I do and I'm pleased you've got your life together. You only get one, so live it well and make a difference to your personal community, wherever that lies.  We all have a Personal Community, and it's not just here, but it's part of yours and mine, and of course Pete's.  He seems to have been very supportive and I have to join you in heaping some praise on him.  Well done Pete. 👋👍

• Like 1

Dear Sherri,

It is nice that you are back and I wish you the best of luck for the future. A divorce is always sad, but you are well on the way to overcome the sad.
your themes are the most beautiful ones anyway and i will surely buy some again.

a lot of strength and all the best wishes from
Tschieny

• Like 1

Any time line on when a store will go back online? Have been a customer since 2011 and would like to upgrade my new site with some nice themes.

Edited by FAcontroller
  • Like 1

Actually, I should revise my previous message. I found an email of my first skin purchase. It was January 22, 2006, the same year I was diagnosed with cancer. My chemo, radiation and surgery were in July of 2006 and I lost a lot of my memory after the chemo (they call it chemo brain). Lots of changes for both of us since then, eh?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FAcontroller said:

Any time line on when a store will go back online? Have been a customer since 2011 and would like to upgrade my new site with some nice themes.

@FAcontroller I am so sorry you had to go through that. I hope you beat the cancer. ??

1 hour ago, FAcontroller said:

@FAcontroller The store is up and running and good to go. :) 

--------------------

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome back. I am so thankful you all have stuck around and have been so loyal. :x

On 9/28/2019 at 5:56 PM, Sherri said:

@FAcontroller I am so sorry you had to go through that. I hope you beat the cancer. ??

@FAcontroller The store is up and running and good to go. :) 

--------------------

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome back. I am so thankful you all have stuck around and have been so loyal. :x

I cannot see the store how do I get there so I can see which skin I want to purchase ?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Yes indeed it's good as I said earlier, does this mean Support will work again? I'm a paying member and I can't get access to it. Neither can PeteT to help me, he tells me?

Edited by toprobroy

On 9/30/2019 at 5:51 AM, legion said:

I cannot see the store how do I get there so I can see which skin I want to purchase ?

10 hours ago, steph40 said:

Good to see you back Sherri

@Sherri ca't find store link?? Cant wait to download Ivy league

2 hours ago, toprobroy said:

Yes indeed it's good as I said earlier, does this mean Support will work again? I'm a paying member and I can't get access to it. Neither can PeteT to help me, he tells me?

I am so sorry guys, I had no idea the commerce system was offline for everyone except me. I just turned it all online so you are good to go for making purchases and submitting support tickets. The links are restored in the main menu above.

3 minutes ago, Jas said:

Sherri, what about our premium member downloads? Will they be back online soon too?

Jas, I had no idea those were down either. :o

I'll check the permissions and get that back up and running TODAY. I don't know why all of this was shut down. I am so sorry.

If you guys notice anything else not working or showing up, please let me know. I'll try to look things over and see what I can find that may be turned off. This is very frustrating.

No worries Sherri, I think we all understand. Just don't want to bug you too much as I know you are busy.

None of you are bugging me at all. I truly appreciate all the help in identifying these issues. I was wondering why I haven't had a single sale in months. Even during my absence I usually had a sale here and there. I had no idea that the store was shut down, or the downloads. I also just realized the Gallery isn't showing up with my portfolio in it and theme photos. I'm ready to scream right now. I think I'll make some more coffee to help this crisis along. lol

It looks like there are no 4.x series themes in there at all.

I'll work on getting these themes uploaded there today. I am so so sorry.

I think I need to post my to-do list so you guys can see it and reply with any additional things you see that needs to be done so nothing is left out.

2 minutes ago, Sherri said:

It looks like there are no 4.x series themes in there at all.

I'll work on getting these themes uploaded there today. I am so so sorry.

I think I need to post my to-do list so you guys can see it and reply with any additional things you see that needs to be done so nothing is left out.

That sounds like a good idea Sherri, that way you keep everything together in one place too. Easier to keep track of things that way for sure. 👍

• Like 1